GAS CYLINDER BAND
The gas cylinder band is an ideal way of eliminating wastage of gas. It is an electrical resistance fitted with a thermostat which under adverse weather conditions (low temperatures) keeps the gas pressure constant and also allows the cylinder to be used until completely empty.
DAMAGE RISKS TO THE BAND
- The band must not be bent to less than R° 10.
- The cable attached to the band must not be subjected to being pulling by more than 8 to 10 Kg.
- The band must not have any weight or sharp objects placed on the heating area.
- Store in a dry place.
After use, the band and all of its component parts should be rolled up to a diameter of 15/20 cm. and placed back in its original box.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Make sure that the outer surface of the cylinder is free from rust, dust and other deposits.
- Position the band around the cylinder with the joint above the gas cylinders welded seam.
- Hold in position using the central fastener and regulate the fit around the cylinder then close the other 2 fasteners.
- The cable should preferably be placed towards the bottom (see drawing).
- To avoid damaging the electrical cable it is advisable to fasten the cable to the cylinder using electricians straps or similar.
- Switch on 4 to 5 minutes to pre-heat before using the gas.
- If the cylinder is not being used for several hours, unplug the unit.